Saturday, March 20, 2010

Where is the mountain?

Today was the most beautiful day. It was 70 degrees and the daffodils and pear trees were blooming.  We were still doing what hopefully was our last weekend route and all was quiet until my husband yelled "Where is the mountain?" "What mountain?" I asked. "The mountain! I didn't think there were any mountains this far south and I don't see any mountains!" This continued for 10 minutes until I finally told him I had no idea what he was talking about. "Don't you see the sign? It says Mt. Zion. I don't see any mountains around here." I had to tell him that Mt. Zion is a common name for a church and not an actual mountain. And sure enough, we soon passed by a church called Mt. Zion Church.  "Why would they name a church after a mountain?" "Because Mt. Zion is a Jewish holy place." He just stared at me blankly.  "Do you remember in The Matrix that their sacred city was called Zion?" "oh yeah!!" he said.  "Well that's why they named the church Zion too." "Oh I get it now." My husband is special but I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts